Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God Given Picture

  Yesterday was Monday. It started out with a chill in the air but by noontime it was nice enough outside to send Alexis outside to play. 
  I decided to tackle the BIG job of cleaning out the refrigerator. As I started the task of looking at expiration dates as I pulled things out I came across 12 (yes a DOZEN!) salad dressing bottles!! I could not believe my eyes!  I immediately took a picture and sent it to Katy. Her response, "A new "House" tonight. By the way, that's not enough dressing." Gotta love her! :)
  So I go to check on Alexis (cause she's being much to quiet) outside and what do I find? She's standing in front of the charcoal grill with the door on the front of it opened. She was covered in ashes from her hands to her face to her clothes. (wished I would of remembered to take a picture) So, needless to say it was to the shower we went! She cleaned up beautifully.
After cleaning her up and putting her down for a nap I was able to finish the refrigerator.
Reflecting back on my day last night the Lord showed me that He had given me a picture of how He brings beauty from ashes.


To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion--to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit--that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified. Isaiah 61:3



      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment